May 28, 2015
Welcome! This is the last podcast for Mindset May!
So far in May we have discussed:
1. What we think matters
2. The mindset of an entrepreneur
3. Considering what really is possible
4. Today: 3 Key Sales Strategies for Partnering with Clients
•Customers are not adversaries – we are not at war with them! We want to partner with them to in their fight towards profitablility.
•Partnering with “ideal clients” is more fun!
It is a lot easier!
And … We make more money!
Bottom line? Partnering with clients is the best ROI for all of our hard work!
Let's review of the 6 Levels of Relationship
Level 1 – they don’t know us
Level 2 – they do know us
Level 3 – we are considered as a vendor
Level 4 – we are a supplier
Level 5 – we are a partner
Level 6 - we are an adviser
In our workshops we discuss what percentage of potential profit is there at each level and the big leap is between 4 and 5.
The example is: For every $100 in profit per sales, what dollar amount would come from each level of relationship:
Level 1 - $0
Level 2 - $10-$20
Level 3 - $30
Level 4 - $40-50
Level 5 - $75-$85
Level 6 - $100
Most sales reps spend the majority of their time in Levels 3 and 4, so you can see that there is money left on the table with every sale!
3 Strategies for Partnering With Clients
1. Focus on working more and more with ideal clients – the ones who respect and appreciate you and what you do! Go to www.thesalesgladiators.com and search for “ideal clients”!
2. We have to master what it means to sell “value” (what the customer values) day in and day out! Issue, action, impact! February webinar was on how to avoid the price trap by selling value!
3. Be intentional about building Level 5 & 6 relationships! ITSA #022 is about the 6 levels!
So, as we wrap up Mindset May we hope we have challenged the way you think about sales! How we think really does matter!
Listener Question of The Week - "Ok Jim! What do you struggle with most in sales?"
Quote of the Week - "If eighty percent of your sales come from twenty percent of all of your items, just carry those twenty percent." Henry Kissinger
Have a great week gang!